– Ride more. Ask harder questions. Due to car troubles at the beginning of the month and an out-of-state vacation at the end of the month.. total fail.
– Focus on increasing distance rather than increasing speed. Two 8-10 mile rides, one 13 mile ride. Nothing very extraordinary to see here.
– Work on within-gait changes of speed. Hm. Worked on it a bit. Needs more focus and more work.
– Weather and time permitting, at least one 15+ mile day, whether all at once or split between two rides. As long as we’re trotting a good chunk of it, speed is not important. Check! One 19-mile day, one 10-mile day.
Total April mileage: 82.52 with me. Two trainer rides while I was gone, one dressage ride while I was gone.
– complete NATRC ride at Mount Diablo tomorrow(!) with minimal drama or panic and plenty of horse left (bonus points if I have energy left at the end and she’s rateable the whole way).
– Again, at least one (other) 15+ mile day, split or not.
– Start adding canter work to build stamina/fix my position, but only on the way out or round pen/arena work.